| Everyone loves a sunny day… We also
know that too much sun simply isn’t good for our skin. Enter the “BIMINI”
A good Bimini top gives maximum shade to the cockpit. Most are designed
to protect the helmsman. The challenge of any good design is to fulfill the
objective while still pleasing the esthetics. In other words, the
Bimini has to “fit” and function in limited space!
We always try to achieve some pre-requisites.
1. Provide maximum coverage.
2. Allow full standing headroom under the canopy.
3. Assure proper folded stowage.
4. Allow for unobstructed use of winches.
5. Provide a good clear entry and exit for boat operation
Many options are available and should be discussed with the builder. How
heavy a frame is needed? Where the best mounting points should be located.
How far (if necessary) aft of the back-stay should the Bimini project? Would
you like a Bimini to Dodger interconnect top? How about a full enclosure
around the Bimini and Dodger? What about “Stiff legs” to help support the